Find a Pest Control Professional
Can You Get Rid of Mice Completely?
Advice on how to completely get rid of mice in your home
While small in size, mice are considerably resourceful creatures, capable of quickly adapting to new environments and, ultimately, causing big problems for homeowners.
As a result of the “Rodents Revealed” project, the National Pest Management Association found that rodents are one of the most prevalent and dangerous public health pests in the country. When the cold weather rolls in, rodents instinctively seek warmth and invade approximately 21 million U.S. homes every winter, presenting significant health risks and property threats too serious to ignore.
Once they’ve made their way indoors, it’s only a matter of time until these small, elusive creatures make themselves at home.
But can you completely get rid of mice? Fortunately for homeowners, there are a number of prevention measures to take in order to keep both people and property safe.
Tips on How to Completely Get Rid of Mice:
- Early detection is the key to minimizing a rodent infestation. Stay on the lookout for signs of potential intruders, including droppings as well as gnaw marks on food items and wooden surfaces such as door corners
- Seal any cracks or holes in your home larger than a dime or gaps under doors greater than a quarter inch
- Store food, as well as pet food and bird seed, in airtight containers
- Keep your home and storage areas free of clutter
- Dispose of kitchen and household garbage cans frequently
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the foundation of the home and windows
- Make sure attics, basements and crawl spaces are dry and well-ventilated
- Insert door sweeps and repair damaged screens, leaking pipes and clogged drains
A mouse infestation will not go away overnight, and it will only get worse if left untreated. In order to keep rodents at bay, it’s imperative for homeowners to remain vigilant for the tell-tale signs of an infestation, which may also include scratching or scurrying sounds in the walls, attic or other crawlspaces. The good news is that with proper pest control and prevention, you can indeed ensure all mice are completely out of your home.
If you suspect a mouse infestation or have questions about how you can be sure to completely get rid of mice in your home, seek help from a licensed pest control professional immediately. They will conduct an inspection and determine a proper control program before it gets out of hand.