Advice for Hiring a Pest Control Company
By employing a few helpful tips and exercising sound judgment in your search, you can rest assured that you’re partnering with the right company – one that can both assist in eliminating a current infestation and reducing future pest problems. The following three recommendations will serve as a guide to hiring a licensed pest control company.
- Evaluate pest control companies that are members of national, state or local pest control associations.
- Look for companies that actively participate in their national, state or local association as those memberships speak to their commitment to protecting public health and property as well as a desire to receive ongoing education about new technologies and treatment techniques. These memberships also mean these companies will strictly adhere to state and federal regulations.
- Research companies and ask for recommendations.
- Inquire about companies and services from others in your industry as they face similar challenges regarding pest control.
- When meeting a prospective pest control professional, always ask questions about their pest control practices and other clients they serve in the industry. You should also request references.
- Buy value. You can’t put a price on your company’s reputation. When selecting a company, evaluate several companies, their services, commitment to IPM, guarantees and references. These factors often speak to quality of service and long-term satisfaction you’ll receive.
- Understand service agreements.
- Before finalizing the agreement, carefully read contract terms to fully understand what pests and services are covered, as well as any guarantees that may be given.