Tips on Finding a Pest Management Professional
Interested in finding a qualified pest management professional?
Here are some helpful tips for locating the right professional pest
- Look for qualified and licensed pest control professionals and
companies that are members of national, state or local pest
- Consider an NPMA QualityPro company. Visit www.npmaqualitypro.com for
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend professional pest
control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied
they were with the service.
- Ask to see proper licensing and credentials from the pest
management professional that comes to solve your pest problem.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several
pest management professionals.
- Don't rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional
pest control advice, as well as skillful treatment, look for
someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the pest
species, the extent of the infestation and the work necessary to
solve the problem.
- Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to
cover any damages to your house or furnishings during
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it
lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of
continuing professional pest control, prevention and management are
- Buy value, not price. Do not make a purchasing decision based
solely on the lowest cost.
- Be wary of companies that come to your home uninvited and
offers to give your house a free inspection for pests. They may try
to scare you into authorizing immediate and costly treatments.
- Homeowners can call state pest management regulatory agencies
for information regarding the status of professional pest control
companies. In most states the regulatory agency is the State
Department of Agriculture.
- Check the Better Business
Bureau for complaints or accolades to help form your decision.
Consumers can also consult online databases such as Service Magic,
Angie's List, Yelp!, etc. to get a broader picture of consumer
To find an NPMA- qualified pest management professional, use our
Find a Pest Professional tool located in the right sidebar. Select
a licensed professional pest control service in your