Pests and rodents aren't simply a nuisance - they can severely
health and the health of your family. This is why bug and
insect prevention is critical in protecting homes, businesses,
schools and any other place where human beings live, work or play
from a pest infestation.
Here are some general tips to prevent household pests and rodents from entering your
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including
entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles; some insects are drawn
to deteriorating wood.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around
basement foundation and windows.
- Store fire wood at least 20 feet away from the house and five
inches off the ground.
- Call a qualified pest professional for additional advice and
treatment if necessary.