Commercial Pest Prevention Tips
Prevention Tips for
Prevention is critical in protecting you business from a pest infestation.
Below are just a few pest prevention tips that your commercial
business can employ to avoid bug and insect infestations and the
potential health and property threats that pests and rodents can
- "Pest-proof" your business by being vigilant of building
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your business,
including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Don't overlook proper drainage at the foundation; install
gutters or diverts, which will channel water away from the
- Be sure your employees keep food sealed and stored
- Clean high-volume areas daily, such as public eating areas and
kitchenettes, where crumbs and trash are more likely to build
- Call a local pest control professional to inspect for pests and
rodents, identify the problem and control the pest(s) using an Integrated
Pest Management (IPM) approach.
Information regarding regional pests, pest management issues and
additional commercial pest prevention tips are available throughout