Find a Pest Control Professional
Rare Death from Brown Recluse Spider
FAIRFAX, Va. (July 25, 2014) – A Michigan woman has died from symptoms associated with a bite from a brown recluse spider. Experts say that fatal bites are very rare from this spider.
The woman was bitten on top of her foot, where there is little muscle or fatty tissue. By chance, the spider's venom was injected into the woman's bloodstream where it could circulate through her body.
Brown recluse spiders only bite to defend themselves and can be found indoors in undisturbed areas such as inside boxes and around seldom-used basements.