Find a Pest Control Professional
GET KIDS BACK IN THE SWING OF LEARNING WITH FUN SCIENCE ACTIVITIES ON PESTWORLDFORKIDS.ORG
Junior entomologists explore the world of bugs and other small animals in a secure digital environment
FAIRFAX, VA (August 11, 2017) – As families prepare their kids for the new school year, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) wants to help children shake that summer brain fog with free and fun learning activities on PestWorldForKids.org. Designed for students in grades K-8, PestWorldForKids.org is filled with bug biology, games, arts and crafts and other learning activities that are sure to both educate and entertain. The site features lesson plans for teachers to incorporate in the classroom as well.
“Our children’s website provides a fun and safe environment for learning, whether it be inside the home, out in nature or in the classroom,” said Cindy Mannes, vice president of public affairs for NPMA. “We encourage parents to pull up PestWorldForKids.org on their iPad, smartphone or laptop, so their children can test their bug knowledge while playing ad-free games or channel their inner artists by constructing a critter craft. Kids can also get active outdoors by using our Pest Guide to help identify different bugs found around the yard and discover what they eat, where they sleep and what makes them pests once they come inside the home.”
The various activities and learning experiences on PestWorldForKids.org support educational standards from the National Science Teachers Association and the National Council of Teachers of English. A few fan favorite features include:
- Learn about the characteristics of various pests including ants and cockroaches with the Pest Guide
- Create bug-themed arts and crafts projects like a bumblebee bookmark or ladybug crown
- Tune into an episode of Pest Quest and have some fun with junior scientists
- Follow along with Millie, an aspiring entomologist, in NPMA’s children’s illustrated e-book series, “The Pest Detectives”
- Take an interactive quiz or play Bug Builder, Sort the Bugs or Pest Detective in our game center
- Put on a junior entomologist hat and start an experiment using the Science Fair Kits section of the site
For more information about how to explore the wild and exotic world of bugs, arachnids and little critters, visit PestWorldForKids.org.
About the National Pest Management Association
The NPMA, a non-profit organization with more than 7,000 members, was established in 1933 to support the pest management industry's commitment to the protection of public health, food and property. For more information, visit PestWorld.org or Like PestWorld on Facebook.